Monday, November 7, 2011

Weekly Menu

I typically do the bulk of my grocery shopping once every two weeks.  On the off week, I usually only pick up a couple of extras, such as fish, fruit, etc.

This week is my "off" week and I'm going to try to use up some stuff in the cupboards.  I have loads of beans, pasta, and frozen proteins so I won't have any problem coming up with delicious meals for the week.  I am going to stop by the grocery store tonight and pick up some odds and ends.  I am trying to stick to a $150 budget every 2 weeks, but that's not happening since I spent $160 last week.  Since I had accidentally budgeted $350 this pay check for food (instead of splitting it in half) I have enough to cover the couple of items I need to pick up.

Weekly Menu:

Breakfasts: I'll be making up fruit smoothies to use up the frozen fruit and Kefir that are lingering in my fridge.

Lunches:  We'll be eating a couple of things this week: Chef Salads and Tuna Noodle Salads.  Yum!

Dinners:

Monday: Fish w/ Fried Rice & Tomato/Onion Salad
Tuesday: Porkchops w/ Sauerkraut & Potato Pancakes
Wednesday: Dinner @ Mom & Dad's (got moved from last week)
Thursday: Dinner w/ Sara- not sure if we're eating in or going out yet
Friday: Chicken Chili
Saturday: Gaming w/ Buddies in NJ, so takeout 
Sunday: Roast Chicken Breasts w/ Mashed Potatoes & Green Beans

No comments:

Post a Comment