Sunday, November 13, 2011

Weekly Menu- Pantry Challenge Edition


I typically do the bulk of my grocery shopping once every two weeks.  On the off week, I usually only pick up a couple of extras, such as fish, fruit, etc.

This is supposed to be the week that I go grocery shopping.  However, I spent way more money that usual on food this pay period.  It started with a large shopping trip at Aldi's, was followed by another large shopping trip at Price Chopper, and ended with more take-out and dining out that planned.  Sigh.

So this means that there will be no grocery shopping this week.  The fridge and freezers are full, not to mention the cupboards and pantry.  With that in mind, I've decided that this week will be a pantry challenge.  I won't buy any groceries for the entire week.  We will only eat what we already have (which is a heck of a lot) with the intent of saving a couple of bucks and using up stuff in the house.  I suspect I will have to be a little creative, but I don't expect to have too much difficulty coming up with meals for the week.

Weekly Menu:

Breakfasts: I'll be making up fruit smoothies to use up the frozen fruit, Kefir, and mango juice that are lingering in my fridge.  I also have 2 bagels left from last week that we'll eat Monday morning.

Lunches:  We'll work on eating up leftovers.  If we run out, I'll make Tuna Noodle Salad.

Dinners:

Monday: Fish w/ Rice & Asparagus
Tuesday: Frozen pizza, after a movie with my little sister
Wednesday: Dinner w/ Sara at her house
Thursday: Chicken Chili (moved from last week)
Friday: Fish sticks w/ Corn & Mashed Potatoes
Saturday: Visiting NH w/ family
Sunday: Visiting NH w/family

No comments:

Post a Comment