Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Weekly Menu- Revised

So... after posting my menu, I went to the grocery store to pick up a couple of items... and came out with a  lot more than I planned.  I'm bummed that I went over our targeted budget, but I'm giving myself some slack.  You see, I did something really stupid.  I went to a store I don't usually go to.  I normally go to Shoprite for the couple of items I can't get at Aldi's.  Instead I went to Price Chopper.  And they were having a Grand Re-Opening Sale.  And they had such a better selection of fish than Shoprite.  I think I've found my new fish grocer.

Needless to say, we picked up a bunch of fish as well as some things that were on sale.  Because I bought so much stuff, I've had to tweak my menu for this week.


Weekly Menu:

Breakfasts: Bagels w/ butter and fruit (either bananas or star fruit)

Lunches:  So far, it's been leftovers.  The rest of the week will be chef salads.

Dinners:

Monday: Fish w/ Fried Rice & Tomato/Onion Salad
Tuesday: Dinner w/ Sara- Porkchops w/ Sauerkraut & Potato Pancakes
Wednesday: Dinner @ Mom & Dad's (got moved from last week)
Thursday: Leftovers
Friday: Fried Fish w/ Cheesy Beer Pasta & Salad
Saturday: Gaming w/ Buddies in NJ, so takeout 
Sunday: Roast Chicken w/ Mashed Potatoes & Green Beans


No comments:

Post a Comment