Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Another month gone..

We found out yesterday that we're not pregnant.  This came as no surprise.  We had to cancel our IUI at the very last minute.  Still, it was painful to hear that once again we've been unsuccessful at getting pregnant.

We drove to Virginia this past weekend and while we were driving we talked about a bunch of things including our finances and our fertility plans.  We've decided to try for 2 more months until the end of the year.  If we're not pregnant by then, we're going to take a break.

The past 6 months have been truly horrible.  You don't know how emotionally traumatizing this journey is until you experience it for yourself.  I'm tired of the drugs, the shots, and the seemingly endless doctor appointments.  I'm tired of paying month after month medical bills for unsuccessful tries.  I'm tired of the sympathetic tone in my nurse's voice when she tells me that this wasn't our month.  I'm especially tired of how positive she is that we'll eventually be successful.

I know that I have a lot to be joyful about.  My niece was born this year.  My cousin's son is due in December.  We've traveled a lot this year.  One of my best friends just got engaged last week and I'm the one who gets to hear all of the details.  My beautiful husband turned 30.  We have a home we own, steady employment, and a healthy family.  And still, I can barely bring myself to be excited that the holidays are coming.  For the first year since we moved into our condo we didn't have a Halloween party.  I've already told some friends that I'm not doing a holiday party, although that may change.  Right now, I just wish I could fast forward to January 2nd.

No comments:

Post a Comment